Abby Grossberg, a former Fox News producer who is suing the network alleging it pressured her into giving false testimony, last week amended her complaint to add Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott as a co-defendant, CNN reported. And in her amended suit, Grossberg cites off-air recordings featuring Maria Bartiromo, Sidney Powell, and Rudy Giuliani.
Grossberg’s lawsuit, initially filed last month, alleges that lawyers for Fox News coerced her into protecting the company and its on-air hosts in her deposition for Dominion Voting Systems’ defamation lawsuit against the network. In her amended lawsuit, Grossberg is accusing Scott of being complicit.
During the 2020 election, Grossberg worked for Maria Bartiromo, one of the Fox personalities named in the Dominion suit.
In her amended complaint, Grossman claims that she turned her phone over to Fox’s lawyers in 2022 and when it was returned, she discovered that some messages between her and Bartiromo were “missing/appeared to have been deleted.”
On Wednesday, the judge in the Dominion case sanctioned Fox News for withholding key information from Dominion, namely audio recordings of Bartiromo speaking with Trump’s lawyers Sidney Powell and Rudy Guiliani off-camera. The recordings were made by Grossberg.
In the recordings, Giuliani told Bartiromo off-air that he “can’t prove” some of the allegations he made about Dominion. The audio also reveals Bartiromo expressing interest in promoting Sidney Powell’s fundraising site during her broadcast.
Attorneys for Fox denied withholding the evidence, saying they only learned about the recordings when Grossberg cited them in her lawsuit.
Davida Brook, a lawyer for Dominion, told the judge that Fox only turned over the recordings last week after Grossberg revealed their existence in her amended lawsuit.
Delaware Superior Court Judge Eric Davis agreed that the recordings were “extremely relevant” to the case as they directly relate to “one of the statements we are litigating.”
When Judge Davis asked if there were “other documents out there” that Fox has not turned over, a lawyer for Fox said the network gave Dominion over a million documents and said Fox did not try to suppress any evidence.