A New York Post article on Fox News star Tucker Carlson’s $5.5 million Florida mansion was briefly online before being taken down. The home was highlighted in a photo shown on Page Six.
Carlson’s new Florida home was the main topic of the piece. The mansion was featured on Tuesday’s celebrity news and gossip website Dirt. Carlson and his wife reportedly paid $5.5 million for the three-bedroom property. There was no public notice of the sale.
It’s no surprise that Carlson would feel defensive if his home address were made public. The host claims that in 2020, he had to confront two reporters in Maine who were working on a piece that outed the address of his house.
Carlson said he and his family fled Washington, D.C., for the state after being harassed by protesters at his home.
The host identified the journalists on air, prompting death threats against them. The home address of one journalist was published online. At the time, Erik Wemple of the Washington Post noted, without a whiff of self-awareness, that this invasion of privacy was only the beginning.
Spinski said in an interview with the Erik Wemple Blog that an intruder tried to break into his Maine house roughly an hour after publishing the Carlson story. Spinski describes the sound as booming, like someone trying to break the door down.
He said they had been leaving their doors unlocked before that news item aired. He said he was glad everything was locked up when the segment aired because, within an hour, someone had shown up. He contacted the police and hid as far away from the windows as possible.
Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Rand Maker said that Maine law prohibited his office from commenting on the case.
Carlson’s stepmother is an heiress to the Swanson frozen food dynasty, according to Dirt, and he recently sold his 9,000-square-foot mansion in Washington, DC, for $3.95 million.
Many episodes of Tucker Carlson Tonight have been shot at the host’s homes in Florida and Maine.