(FreedomBeacon.com)- GETTR, the new conservative-leaning social media platform founded by former Trump advisor Jason Miller, has reportedly given the former president the opportunity to reclaim his original @realDonaldTrump handle from Twitter.
According to the Washington Examiner, GETTR owners have left the handle “in the safe” in case the former president decides to join the platform.
Miller’s bet on social media is a big gamble. Twitter alternatives already exist in the form of Gab and Parler, both of which have been throttled by Big Tech. Gab was removed from both the Apple and Google app stores, meaning people can no longer download the apps on their Android or iOS phone devices. Gab was even forced to purchase its own servers after server companies dropped it from their platforms entirely.
Parler faced similar trouble with the app store, and it seems like it’s only a matter of time before Apple or Google find an excuse to remove GETTR, too.
Miller told Fox that he hopes former President Donald Trump will join the platform but recognized that he has a “number of different options” that he is currently considering.
Parler was reportedly in discussions with former President Donald Trump about joining the platform before January 6, when a group of left-wing and right-wing protesters stormed the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., and which is now regularly described by Democrats as a “violent insurrection.” Parler was one of a number of platforms accused of being a place where rioters discussed their plans, and since then, little has been said publicly about President Trump’s opinion on the platform.
It isn’t immediately clear whether former President Trump plans to join other social media platforms. Having shut down his “From the Desk of Donald J. Trump” site, the president now relies entirely on press releases from his Save America PAC.
However, senior White House reporter for Bloomberg News, Jennifer Jacobs, said that Trump still has plans for a new platform.
News: Trump isn't joining Jason Miller's new social media platform, Gettr — won't have any financial stake or participation, I'm told. Apparently the ex president still has plans for a separate platform. Unclear what exactly.
— Jennifer Jacobs (@JenniferJJacobs) July 1, 2021
So we’ll have to wait and see.