(FreedomBeacon.com)- Former President Trump has returned to his Mar-a-Lago estate, where he bemoaned on Monday that the FBI’s seizure of White House documents had “ransacked” his house in Palm Beach, Florida and that it would “never be the same.”
Video footage of the Trump caravan indicated that dozens of supporters lined a bridge near the estate, waving flags and cheering as his limousine crossed the bridge. The bridge is located close to the estate.
While the greeting well-wishers were a welcome site, the condition of his home disturbed the former President.
Trump stated in a post he made on his Truth Social platform after looking around.
“Arrived in Florida last night and had a long and detailed chance to check out the scene of yet another government “crime,” the FBI’s Raid and Break-In of my home, Mar-a-Lago,” he wrote.
Trump wrote that in his judgment, the FBI doesn’t believe the Fourth Amendment to be in effect today. He said whatever the case may be, his home will never again be the same due to what they did. It had been gone through thoroughly, and it was in a far different state than he had left it in. When they were in his bedroom, he said many agents didn’t even bother to remove their shoes.
“Nice!!!” Trump wrote.
The inventory of the things collected by the FBI in their raid in August has been made public by a federal judge. Trump had insisted that he declassify the documents to move them to his residence in Florida properly, and the former president’s legal team is attempting to prevent the Department of Justice from analyzing the records.
Already, the legal team representing President Trump has been successful in arguing for the appointment of a special master to examine the documents in question and determine whether or not they are protected by executive privilege.
According to reports, this is not the first time that Trump has voiced his ire at the FBI officers who searched through his personal belongings. During an interview in August, Trump claimed that investigators had left the closet of the former first lady, Melania Trump, a “mess” after searching it.
He also stated that investigators had inspected the bedroom of his son Barron.
According to The Hill, the former president has claimed that the search was conducted for political reasons and has been critical of the FBI and the Department of Justice for carrying it out. At one point, he even suggested that the FBI may have planted evidence.